Friday 26 March 2010

Landscape Detailing - Detail in Contemporary Landscape Architecture

As detailing is one of the main aspects within Landscape Architecture. I bought an book I would say everyone should defiantly get and look in to called 'Detail in Contemporary Landscape Architecture' with 40 well known designs around the world, with full details.

I would say this has to be one of the best books on detailing. Even though it is a book mostly based on design details not much on construction details, it still does teach you and gets you to to understand the construction details within the design details it shows.
I would say a very good book for young professionals to understand details by comparing the photos and the drawings about the projects, with different illustration methods on design details, does clearly explain everything about the designs details step by step.

Even at first I didn't fully understand it much, the more I read it over and over again the more I understood the detailing shown on the diagrams. And to help even more the books includes a CAD file CD for better understanding about the detailing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment