Wednesday 3 November 2010

Digital Media: Landscape Graphics

Landscape Graphics: Plan, Section, and Perspective Drawing of Landscape Spaces, Author Grant W. Reid Fasla

One of the other books I will recommend will be Landscape Graphics: Plan, Section, and Perspective Drawing of Landscape Spaces.


 A great book with amazing graphic illustrations , again step by step guide to help you improve your technical drawing skills by hand, which later on can be worked on the computer for a more professional final piece of work. With great time saving techniques presented.For a beginner student with this book you will get the most out of graphic drawing. With different chapters and exercises you could chose the most relevant area in to enhance your drawing skills.The book has all the helpful areas within the process an landscape architect will be going through within a design process. Areas such as :

1. Program Development 
2. Inventory and Analysis - Content and Purpose within a design.
3. Design and Development - Conceptual Design (including concept plans, functional diagrams) and Preliminary Design (including perspective drawings, master plan, illustrative sections, proposed development plan)
4. Construction Details - Layout Plan, Planting Plan and Grading Plan 

I intend to work from my drawings and sketches and develop them afterwards on the programs, I find this more easy and time saving with the advantage of progressing solidly through my design works. And with the help from this book in how to free hand draw certain objects, plants, trees, and etc in the correct way has improved my skills in drawing and also has gave me the confidants in developing my work to the next stage. Not only simple drawing but it also teaches and guides you through how to do perspective drawings, sections and plans in the accurate way, where again later scanning in your work and defining your drawings and improving them on the design programs adds to your design work. 

Working this way develops my drawing skills and my computer skills, I intend to balance both out rather then concentrating on one, the balance between the two makes me work faster and produce better quality work. My computer skills are not as good as my drawing skills, but rather then spending more time trying to figure out things on the programs, I scan my drawings and work from them, from the help from this book my drawing skills have improved massively which saves me an awful a lot of time when it comes to developing it more on the programs. 

Not only this book but also the Digital Drawing for Landscape Architecture book has helped me in developing my skills, with the work from both books I believe I am developing my skills in both areas equally.

No comments:

Post a Comment