Tuesday 25 January 2011

Part 1 - Christian Spencer Davies - AModels

''What is Landscape''

AModels is not like any other model making firms, the reason why AModel stands out from the rest is because they have they own way of producing abstract,transcendent, creative inspired models. The inspiration of the models can be of absolute anything that can inspire the model maker to produce an unique, exclusive model to represent the concept of the brief at it's high standard. 



AModels are against models which are fully white, bland models, or un-realistic models, they are dedicated, devotedly model makers who believe in producing models that will engage with it's viewers. Their work does not have boundaries or limitations with scale, materials or imagination, it's all about creating something that is unique and bringing the architectural design, landscape design etc to live. 

One of the things that has stood out for me while listening to Christian was the respectful, trustworthy relationship he has with his clients. His clients wouldn't have much say in how they want the model, Christian prefers to approach the brief in his own artistic way and suitable way, and the best way the model will engage with the views.

Christian has gave me the interest in model making again, he has bought back my interest I had in secondary school. I took on Resident Materials as my technology topic and always loved experimenting with different types of wood, metals, and plastic, I enjoyed every brief we got. I always gave a lot of attention to detail, and finishes, but moving on to college I dis-continued with the topic and moved on from model making. I did wish I continued in pursuing in developing my model making skills, and developed them from first year of my study in Landscape Architecture. 
One of the advantages in model making for myself is that I am not verbally good in explaining myself due to nervous every time, so my model use to always speak for it self. This should have been one of the first skills I developed from the start of Landscape Architecture. But it's never to late thanks to Christian who has inspired me :)

 







No comments:

Post a Comment